The 5th working meeting and information research and judgment meeting minutes by the Central Emergency Operation Center for Floods
2. As the water content of soil in the slopes areas of central and southern regions reaches saturation due to recent continuous rainfall and it may cause mudslide, considering that local torrential rain will still occur in the southern mountainous regions, hence the agriculture, forestry, fishery and animal husbandry group is required to continue to monitor and work with local governments to continue to monitor on the red warning areas, and implement evacuation and resettlement operation to ensure the safety of the public if necessary.
3. At present, the residents in some counties and cities still resettled in shelters. The shelter and resettlement group should continue to supervise the shelter and resettlement operations conducted by the counties and cities, to ensure the safety of residence areas before they return to their homes.
4. Public transportation including land and sea transportation has gradually resumed to normal operation. At present, for a few roads that are precautionary closed, the traffic engineering group is requested to continue to make the latest announce regarding road closures and interruptions, so that the public can be informed in advance.
5. The medical, health and environmental protection group is requested to grasp the water accumulation status in various counties and cities in the past, firmly implement environmental clean, sanitation and disinfection operation, and assist local governments it in a timely manner, to prevent the mosquitoes from breeding.
6. The Central Emergency Operation Center for floods would like thank all of the personnel from various functional groups for collaboratively implementing various response measures, working together to ensure the safety of the general public, as well as minimizing casualties and disaster losses. It is estimated that the rainfall will significantly decrease and the Central Emergency Operation Center will return to the response mechanism based on the ministries and departments at 11:30 today (8/8). In regard to recovery and rescue operation, all ministries and departments are requested to take the initiative to assist local governments based on their duties and responsibilities.