Second Report-Typhoon Lekima Emergency Operation Disposal Report
Report Unit: Central Emergency Operation Center
Data statistics deadline: 2019/08/08 20:30
- Typhoon dynamics (Source: Central Weather Bureau)
The central air pressure was 915 hPa, and the maximum wind speed near the center was 53 meters per second (about 191 kilometers per hour), which is equivalent to the wind of level 16. The maximum instantaneous gust is 65 meters per second (about 234 kilometers per hour), which is equivalent to more than the wind of level 17. The storm radius of level-seven wind was 280 km, and the storm radius of level-ten was 100 km. It is forecasted that the central position will be at 26.6 N and 122.3 E, that is, on the sea about 520 kilometers east of Taipei.
Based on the latest information, the No. 9 Typhoon has slightly increased its intensity over the past three hours, and the storm circle has also expanded slightly. It is currently centered in the southeastern part of Taipei, moving toward northwest. Its storm circle is gradually entering the inshore of East Taiwan, posing a threat to Taichung, Miaoli, Hsinchu, Taoyuan, New Taipei, Keelung, Taipei, Yilan and Hualien.
The land warning areas: Taichung, Miaoli, Hsinchu, Taoyuan, Xinbei, Keelung, Taipei, Yilan, Hualien should be alert strictly against strong winds and heavy rain.
The maritime warning areas: he working vessels routing on the sea of North Taiwan, the northern part of Taiwan Strait, and the sea of East Taiwan (including Lanyu and Ludao) should be alert strictly.
Influenced by the typhoon, all coastal areas of Taiwan (including Green Island, Lanyu) and Penghu, Kinmen and Matsu will have strong gusts, strong winds and waves, and long waves will occur. Please avoid going to the beach.
From this evening (8th), the central coastal areas are affected by the topography, strong gusts of level 9 to 10 would occur, and it is also possible to appear Level 9 to 10 strong gusts in the southern coastal areas since tomorrow (9th). Please be aware.
- Data of Wind and Rain (Source: Central Weather Bureau)
- Rainfall (statistics from 0:00 on August 8, 2019 to 20:10 on August 8, 2019)
|Shangdewen, Sandimen Township, Pingtung County||178.0|
|Lijia, Beinan Township, Taitung County||155.0|
|Shenshan, Wutai Township, Pingtung County||140.0|
|Dona, Maolin District, Kaohsiung City||131.0|
|Yuyoushan, Taoyuan District, Kaohsiung City||118.5|
- Wind Speed The biggest gusts that have appeared in each regions (statistics at 20:10 on August 8, 2019)
|Areas||Instant Gust (Level)|
|Lanyu, Taitung County||9|
|Saddle, Taipei City||8|
|Xinwu District, Taoyuan||8|
- Response Measures
- The establishment of an emergency operation center in counties and cities (Source: National Fire Agency, Ministry of the Interior)
|Category||Level||Number of Centers||County/ City|
|Level 1||10||Keelung City, New Taipei City, Taipei City, Taoyuan City, Hsinchu County, Hsinchu City, Miaoli County, Taichung City, Yilan County, Hualien County|
|Level 2||2||Nantou County, Lianjiang County|
|Level 3||2||Tainan City, Kaohsiung City|
- Work and Class Status (Source: Directorate-General of Personnel Administration, Executive Yuan):
(2) Work and classes cancelled tomorrow(9th): Keelung City, Taipei City, New Taipei City, Taoyuan City, Hsinchu City, Hsinchu County, Yilan County.
- Evacuation and Accommodation
- Disaster Situation Statistics
- Casualties (Source: National Fire Agency, Ministry of the Interior)
- Disaster Situation of Subsistence Pipelines (Source: Ministry of Economics, including 0808 earthquake disaster)
- Electricity: power failure for 22,781 households, 21,887 households were repaired, and 894 households were to be repaired (Fuxing District, Taoyuan City).
- Natural gas: Gas failure for 300 households and all have been repaired.
- Traffic conditions (Source: Ministry of Transportation and Communications)
- Air transportation: 10 international flights were delayed, 41 international flights were cancelled , 5 domestic flights were delayed, 18 domestic flights were cancelled.
- Shipping: 13 liners of 5 routes are suspended between Taiwan and Mainland China and 50 domestic liners of 9 routes are suspended.
- Highway: 5 early warning closures.
- Flooding situation (Source: Ministry of Economic Affairs):