Typhoon Bailu Emergency Response Report No. 3
Report Unit: Central Emergency Operation Center
Deadline for data statistics: 2019/08/24 20:00
- Typhoon Dynamics (Source: Central Weather Bureau, Ministry of Transportation and Communications）
According to the analysis data from Central Weather Bureau, the 11th typhoon’s current center position is at the sea southwest to Penghu and it is moving in west northwest direction. Hualien, Taitung and Nantou were off the alert zone. However, the typhoon circle still covers the land south to Chenghua and Penghu, which poses threats to the region south to chenhua, Penhu and Kinmen. It is expected the strength of this typhoon will continue to decrease in the future. The coverage of typhoon circle also has the trend to become smaller.
On the land aspect, the following places should be strictly prepared for strong wind and heavy rain: Pingtung, Kaoshiung, Tainan, Chaiyi, Yunlin, Chenghua, Penghu and Kimen. On the sea aspect, the boats navigating and working at Bashi Channel, Taiwan trait and the sea surrounding Pratas Island should be strictly prepared.
Strong winds and long tides occurred at the costal areas of different places of Taiwan (including Lanyu and Green Island), Penghu, Kinmen and Mazhou due to the effect of typhoon and its surrounding circulation flow. Please avoid going for beach activities. It will be easily to have stronger wind in the larger Taipei area due to the effect of typhoon and its surrounding circulation flow. Please be careful. In addition, you should enhance the fixation of outfoor hangings, signs, fences, scaffolds, etc., place and arrange plotted plants at the balcony well and enhance cleaning the drainage ditch.
- Data on Rain and Wind （Sources: Central Weather Bureau, Ministry of Transportation and Communications）
- Rain Volume （Statistics were made from Aug. 23, 2019 0:00 to Aug. 24, 2019 20:00）
|Region||Rain Volume （mm）|
|Liushidan, Fuli Township, Hualien County||543.0|
|Xidawu Shan, Pingtung County||461.0|
|Kinchen Mountain, Taitung County||450.0|
|Danda, Nantou County||257.0|
|Nan Tianchi, Kaoshiung City||254.0|
|Victoria Peak, Ilan County||238.0|
- Wind Speed the largest wind appeared in these areas (statistics were made till Aug. 24, 2019 20:00)
|Region||Instant wind （level）|
- Response Action
- Situation of Counties/Cities Establishing Emergency Operation Centers （Source: National Fire Agency, Ministry of the Interior）
|Type||Establishment level||Number of Establishments||Name of County (City)|
|Counties/Cities||Level 1||11||Chenghua County, Nantou County, Yunlin County, Chaiyi County, Chaiyi City, Kaoshiung City, Pingtung County, Hualien County, Taitung County, Penghu County, Kinmen County|
|Level 2||1||Tainan City|
|Level 3||2||Keelung City, New Taipei City|
- Situations of Scheduled Alert Zones （Source: National Fire Agency, Ministry of the Interior）
|Type of Municipality, County (City)||Scheduled Dangerous Area （Places）||Implementation|
|Low land area||Mountain||Sea||River||Buildings||Others||Number of Persuasion Sheet created||Number of Exposure Sheet created|
- Call off work and school at different places (Source: Directorate-General of Personnel Administration, Executive Yuan）:
2. Call off work and school during nighttime of 24th: Kinmen County.
3. Call of work and school on 25th: Chishang Township Zhenxing Village, Guanshan Town, Luye Township, Taima Li Township, Haiduan Township, Jinfeng Township, Yanping Township, Taitung County.
- Manpower Set Out:
2. Firefighters and policers 9,549 people and 20 cars.
3. 2,242 people, 561 cars and 41 boats from Coast Guard Administration.
4. 1,413 water pumps (prepared in advance) from Water Resources Agency.
- Evacuation and Containment
- Disaster Statistics
- Injuries （Source: National Fire Agency, Ministry of the Interior）
B. Livelihood Pipeline Disasters （Source: Ministry of Economic Affair）
1. Electricity: power cut 102,977 households; 94,766 households repaired; 8,211 households to be repaired.
2. City water: water cut 2,145 households; 1,791 households repaired; 354 households waiting to be repaired.
3. Cell site: 103 damaged; 0 repaired; 103 waiting to be repaired.
4. City telephone: 1,541 households interrupted; 929 households repaired; 612 households waiting to be repaired.
C. Transportation Status（Source: Ministry of Transportation and Communications）
1. Provincial road: Preventive closures at 8 places.
2. Railroads: Main west line: Trains going south of Chenghua suspended (Doing downward 511&117 till Chaiyi); regional train: ares south to Chaiyi suspended. All kinds of trains for HuaTung line and South-link line (New Zuoying -Taitung) suspended; road base for Fuli-Dongzhu in Hualien County was lost; Shalun line and Jiji line suspended.
3. Air transport: International - 49 flights delayed and 140 flights cancelled; domestic – 248 flights cancelled.
4. Shipping: International – 6 routes 27 courses stopped; domestic – 13 routes 211 course stopped
D. Flood Status (Source: Ministry of Economics):
25 places with flood where 14 had released and 11 were still being handled.