1st Report on Contingency Disposal of the Disaster from Typhoon Mita
Reported by: Central Emergency Operation Center (CEOC)
Data Updated until: 2019/09/29 22:30
- Typhoon Dynamics (Source: Central Weather Bureau of the Ministry of Transportation and Communications)
According to the latest meteorological data, Typhoon No. 18 has slightly increased its intensity over the past three hours, and the storm circle has also expanded slightly. The center is now in the southeast of Taipei and moving northwest, and its storm circle is gradually approaching eastern Taiwan, posing a threat to Ilan. Hualien and Taitung. It is expected that the future strength of this typhoon will be strengthened and the storm circle will continue to expand.
Land warning areas, such as Ilan, Hualien and Taitung, shall strictly guard against and prevent strong winds and heavy rains. Vessels sailing and working in the sea warning areas, such as North Taiwan Sea, Northern Taiwan Strait, Northeast Taiwan, South East Taiwan, and Bashi Channel, shall strictly guard against the typhoon.
Note: Due to the influence of the typhoon's external circulation, there are strong gusts in the coastal areas of Taiwan and Mazu. The wind and waves in the adjacent waters are obviously large, and there will be a chance of long waves. Please pay attention to your own safety when you are going to the beach. From today (29th) to October 2nd, the tide wil be high, and owing to the impact of Typhoon No. 18, flooding must be prevented in the center, north and northeasts of Taiwan, as well as the low-lying areas along the eastern coast.
- Wind and Rain Data (Source: Central Weather Bureau of the Ministry of Transportation and Communications)
|Hanxi Village, Datong Township, Ilan County (Soil and Water Conservation Bureau)||244.0|
|Ching Shuei, Datong Township, Ilan County (First River Management Office)||239.0|
|Nioudou, Datong Township, Ilan County||209.0|
|Area||Instant Gust Readings (Level)|
|Lanyu (Orchid Island)||11|
- Contingency Measures
- Emergency Response Centers set up by Various Counties and Cities (Source: National Fire Agency under the Ministry of the Interior)
|Category||Level||Amount||Counties and Cities|
|Counties and Cities||1||2||Ilan County, Hualien Count|
|2||5||New Taipei City, Hsinchu City, Taichung City, Taitung County, Nantou County|
|3||4||Taipei City, Taoyuan City, Keelung City, Hsinchu County|
- Suspension of Working/Schooling (Source: Directorate-General of Personnel Administration under the Executive Yuan):
- Evacuation and Sheltering
- Disaster Statistics
- Deaths and Injuries (Source: National Fire Agency under the Ministry of the Interior)
- Critical Infrastructure (Source: Ministry of Economic Affairs)
- Suspension or Delay in Transportation (Source: Ministry of Transportation and Communications)
(2) Air Transportation: 2 international flights were cancelled. 2 domestic flights were delayed. 18 domestic flights were cancelled.
(3) Maritime Transportation: 2 roues and 3 ships were suspended.
- Local Flooding Conditions (Source: Ministry of Economic Affairs):