2nd Report on Contingency Disposal of the Disaster from Typhoon Mita
- Typhoon Dynamics (Source: Central Weather Bureau of the Ministry of Transportation and Communications)
The central air pressure is 965 hectopascals, and the maximum wind speed near the center is 35 meters per second (about 126 kilometers per hour), which is equivalent to the 12-level wind. The maximum instantaneous gust is 45 meters per second (about 162 kilometers per hour), which is equivalent to the 14-level wind.
The 7-level storm wind has a radius of 180 kilometers and the 10-level storm wind has a radius of 60 kilometers. It is predicted that the central position at 11:00 on October 1st will be 27.1 degrees north latitude and 121.4 degrees east longitude, that is, about 230 kilometers north of Taipei.
According to the latest meteorological data, Typhoon No. 18 is currently centered on the south-southeastern coast of Ilan and moving towards the north north west, and its storm circle is gradually covering the land of southeastern Taiwan. It will pose a threat to Nantou, north of Taichung, Ilan, Hualien, Taitung and Mazu. The strength of the typhoon is expected to increase in the future.
Land warning areas, such as New Taipei City, Keelung, Taipei, Taoyuan, Hsinchu, Miaoli, Taichung, Nantou, Ilan, Hualien, Taitung and Mazu, shall strictly guard against and prevent strong winds and heavy rains. Vessels sailing and working in the sea warning areas, such as North Taiwan Sea, Northern Taiwan Strait, Northeast Taiwan Sea, Southeast Taiwan Sea, and Bashi Channel, shall strictly guard against the typhoon.
Due to the influence of the typhoon's external circulation, there are strong gusts in the coastal areas of Taiwan and Mazu. The wind and waves in the adjacent waters are obviously large, and there will be a chance of long waves. Please avoid going to the beach.
From today (30th) to October 2nd, the tide will be high, and owing to the impact of Typhoon No. 18, flooding must be prevented in the north of central Taiwan, northeast of Taiwan, and the low-lying areas along the eastern coast.
- Wind and Rain Data (Source: Central Weather Bureau of the Ministry of Transportation and Communications)
|Datong Township, Ilan County||445.0|
|First River Management Office (Chingshui Geothermal Power Plant)
No.156-1, Lane 501, Section 8, Sanxing Road, Datong Township, Ilan County
|Soil and Water Conservation Bureau (Han Si Elementary School)
No.16, Han Si Lane, Han Si Village, Datong Township, Ilan County
|Area||Instant Gust Readings (Level)|
- Contingency Measures
- Emergency Response Centers set up by Various Counties and Cities (Source: National Fire Agency under the Ministry of the Interior)
|Category||Level||Amount||Counties and Cities|
|Municipalities, Counties and Cities||1||11||New Taipei City, Hsinchu City, Ilan County, Hualien County, Keelung City, Taoyuan City, Taichung City, Nantou County, Miaoli County, Taipei City, Hsinchu County|
|2||2||Taitung County, Lienchiang County|
- Suspension of Working/Schooling (Source: Directorate-General of Personnel Administration under the Executive Yuan):
- Working/Schooling are suspended on 30th: Taipei City, New Taipei City, Keelung City, Taoyuan City, Hsinchu County, Ilan County, Hualien County, Ludao (Green Island) Township and Lanyu (Orchid Island) Township in Taitung County.
- Working/Schooling are suspended as of 6:00 p.m. on 30th: Hsinchu City, Miaoli County.
- Working/Schooling are suspended as of 10:00 a.m. on 30th: Chenggong Township, Donghe Township and Changbin Township in Taitung County.
- Evacuation and Sheltering
At present, there are 4 shelters for 18 people.
- Disaster Statistics
- Deaths and Injuries (Source: National Fire Agency under the Ministry of the Interior)
- Critical Infrastructure (Source: Ministry of Economic Affairs)
- Suspension or Delay in Transportation (Source: Ministry of Transportation and Communications)
- Provincial Highway: 1 site was shut down out of precautions.
- Air transport: 5 international flights were delayed while 63 were cancelled, and 78 domestic flights were cancelled.
- Maritime transport: Domestic vessel shipping suspension: 34 vessels over 9 routes were suspended. Cross-strait vessel shipping suspension: 8 vessels over 2 routes were suspended.
- Tourist spots: 99 were stranded in Ludao (Green Island), and 200 were stranded in Lanyu (Orchid Island). They are all safe now.
- Local Flooding Conditions (Source: Ministry of Economic Affairs):
4 sites were subject to flooding, but the floods on 4 sites have subsided.