3rd Report on Contingency Disposal of the Disaster from Typhoon Mita
Reported by: Central Emergency Operation Center (CEOC)
Data Updated until: 2019/09/30 21:00
- Typhoon Dynamics (Source: Central Weather Bureau of the Ministry of Transportation and Communications)
According to the latest meteorological data, The center of Typhoon No. 18 is now in the east of Yilan and moving to North-northwest. Taitung is out of storm circle. The storm in the northe of Taichung, Yilan, Hualien and Mazu is strengthened and continue to expand.
Land warning areas, such as New Taipei, Keelung, Taipei, Taoyuan, Hsinchu, Miaoli, Taichung, Nantou, Yilan, Hualien and Mazu shall strictly guard against and prevent strong winds and heavy rains. Vesseal sealing in the sea warning areas, such as Northe Taiwan Sea, Northern Taiwan Strait, Northeast Taiwan, South East Taiwan shall strictly guard against the typhoon.
Note: Due to the influence of the typhoon's external circulation, there are strong gusts in the coastal areas of Taiwan, Wuhu and Mazu. The wind and waves in the adjacent waters are obviously large, and there will be a chance of long waves. Please prevent from any activities in the beach. From tonight (30th) to October 2nd, the tide will be high, and owing to the impact of Typhoon No. 18, flooding must be prevented in the center, north and northeasts of Taiwan, as well as the low-lying areas along the eastern coast. Outdoor hanging objects, singboards, fences and eagle frames shall be strengthened and fixed. Bonsai in the balcony shall be properly placed and drain shall be cleaned well. Tonight (30th) to October 1st, there will be a chance of Foehn in the east and southeast.
In addition, from midnight, September 29th to 20:00 September 30th, large rainfall location: Cingshuei in Yilan County 527mm, Fushan Botanical Garden in New Taipei 317mm, Heping forest road in Hualien 309mm, Juma Mountains in Taichung City 269mm, Qingtiangang in Taipei City 262mm, Lala mountain in Taoyuan City 258mm. Stong wind area: Lanyu level 16, Agincourt and Green Island level 12, Suao and Dongjiyu island level 11, Hualien, Chenggong, Yuxi level10.
- Wind and Rain Data (Source: Central Weather Bureau of the Ministry of Transportation and Communications)
|No. 156-1, Ln. 501, Sec. 8, Sanxing Rd, Datong Township, Yilan County (Cingshuei Geothermal Power Plant) First River Management Office||523.0|
|Datong Township, Yilan County||513.0|
|No. 16, Hanxi Ln., Datong Township, Yilan County (Han Si Elementary School) Soil and Water Conservation Bureau||451.5|
|Area||Instant Gust Readings (Level)|
- Contingency Measures
- Emergency Response Centers set up by Various Counties and Cities (Source: National Fire Agency under the Ministry of the Interior)
|Category||Level||Amount||Counties and Cities|
|Counties and Cities||1||12||New Taipei City, Hsinchu City, Yilan County, Hualien County, Keelung City, Taoyuan City, Taichung City, Nantou County, Miali County, Taipei City, Hsinchu County, Lianjiang County|
- Suspension of Working/Schooling (Source: Directorate-General of Personnel Administration under the Executive Yuan):
- Working and schooling are suspended on September 30th: Taipei City, New Taipei City, Keelung City, Taoyuan City, Hsinchu County, Yilan County, Hualien County, Ludao (Green Island) Township and Lanyu (Orchid Island) Township in Taitung County.
- Working and schooling are suspended from 18:00 on September 30th: Hsinchu City, Miali County.
- Working and schooling are suspended from 10:00 on September 30th: Chenggong Township, Donghe Township and Changbin Township in Taitung County.
- Evacuation and Sheltering
- Disaster Statistics
- Deaths and Injuries (Source: National Fire Agency under the Ministry of the Interior)
- Critical Infrastructure (Source: Ministry of Economic Affairs)
- Suspension or Delay in Transportation (Source: Ministry of Transportation and Communications)
(2) Air Transportation: 9 international flights were delayed, 108 internatial flights cancelled. 108 domestic flights were cancelled.
(3) Maritime Transportation: 10 domestic roues and 43 ships were suspended. 3 cross-strait roues and 10 ships were suspended.
(4) Railway: from 12:00, Western Line, Yilan Line, North-Link Line partially stopped. Pingxi Line and Neiwan Line stopped.
(5) Sightseeing: 99 people retarded in Green Island; 200 people retarded in Lanyu; all safe.
- Local Flooding Conditions (Source: Ministry of Economic Affairs):