0806 Torrential Rain Disaster Response Measures and Report No. 4 (Final Report)
I. Basic Information of the Disaster (data source: Central Weather Bureau, Ministry of Transportation and Communications)
The southwesterly airflow gradually weakens today and tomorrow (8th and 9th), but there is still high probability of short-duration heavy rain; the short-duration shower or thunderstorm in the central and southern regions are expected and there is a probability of local heavy rain or torrential rain. Local short-duration showers or thunderstorms are expected in Miaoli and the southeastern regions, other areas such as Penghu, Kinmen, and Matsu are likely to be cloudy or sunny, short-duration thundershowers are expected in the afternoon, and there is a probability of local heavy rain in the northern regions and mountainous regions in the afternoon: the sea areas adjacent to Taiwan are still expected to have strong winds and waves, and the north coastal areas of Keelung, the southeast (including Orchid Island and Green Island) region and the open coastal areas of the Hengchun Peninsula are expected to have strong winds; long waves are expected to occur in the coastal areas of the southwest, Hengchun Peninsula, north coastal areas of Keelung, and southeast (including Orchid Island and Green Island) region, please pay close attention.
Table of maximum rainfall throughout all regions in Taiwan
|Majia Township, Pingtung County||1,357|
|Liugui District, Kaohsiung City||1,074|
|Alishan Township, Chiayi County||784|
|Xinyi Township, Nantou County||622|
|Heping District, Taichung City||589|
|Nanhua District, Tainan City||551|
II. Responsive actions
1. The establishment of disaster response center in county and city (data source: National Fire Agency of the Ministry of the Interior)
The establishment of disaster response center by municipal and county (city) government:
Establishment of level-two disaster response center: Kaohsiung City.
Establishment of level-three disaster response center: Taichung City, Changhua County, Yunlin County, Tainan City, Pingtung County, Taitung County, Kinmen County, Lianjiang County.
2. Evacuation and resettlement status
(1) Number of evacuated persons:
Table of statistics on the number of evacuated people throughout all counties and cities in Taiwan
|County(city)||Estimated number of evacuated persons||The actual number of evacuated persons||The cumulative number of evacuated persons|
3. Warning areas
(1) Warning of earthflow: 368 red and 157 yellow warnings.
(2) Warning of water level:
Level 2: Kaohsiung City.
Level 3: Tainan City, Pingtung County.
4. The dispatched manpower and facilities
(1) The police department dispatched 11969 person times.
(2) 1,525 large-scale portable pumps were dispatched throughout Taiwan.
(3) 934 person times and 14 machinery equipment were dispatched by the National Army.
III. Statistics of disaster
1. Casualties (data source: National Fire Agency of the Ministry of the Interior): 1 person was injured (Changhua County), 1 person was missing (Pingtung County).
2. Disaster status of lifeline (data source: Ministry of Economic Affairs):
Electricity: 3,685 households are out of power.
Tap water: At present, 600 households are out of water.
Landline phone, 21 cell phone stations and propane gas are in normal operation.
3. Transportation status (data source: Ministry of Transportation and Communications)
(1) Taiwan Railway: All lines are in normal operation.
(2) High-speed rail: The operation for the interval between Miaoli Station southbound 126k (22 kilometers south of Miaoli Station) and Taichung Station is suspended yesterday (8/7). The operation for the interval between Miaoli and Taichung resumed today (8/8), with operation of single-track and two-way for the section.
(3) Provincial highway:
Precautionary closure: 4 locations (3 in Kaohsiung City, 1 in Pingtung County).
Disaster-resisted road blocked sections: 10 locations (3 in Pingtung County, 7 in Kaohsiung City).
Road disasters: 4 locations (3 in Kaohsiung City, 1 in Pingtung County).
(4) Highway: Main line of the national highway: no disaster.
Interchange: Affected by standing water on the plane roads, the exit to Donggang on Linbian Interchange on the national highway 3 southbound and the entrance of Linbian Interchange on the national highway 3 northbound are closed; the travellers are informed and reminded.
(5) Postal service: in normal operation.
(6) Air transportation: in normal operation today.
(7) Sea transportation: 38 sea voyages in 3 routes were cancelled today(8/8):
Donggang- Liuqiu Island (32 voyages), Yanpu- Liuqiu Island (4 voyages), Fugang-Green Island (2 voyages).
4. Disaster status:
Table of statistics on ordinary disasters throughout all counties and cities in Taiwan
|County(city)||Total||Road tree disaster||Advertising signboard disaster||Road and tunnel disaster||Bridge disaster||Flooding and standing water disaster||Earthflow disaster||Damaged building||Disaster related to water conservancy facilities||Disaster related to general public’s livelihood and infrastructure||Environmental pollution||Other disaster|