Disaster Prevention and Response Report No. 2 for Typhoon Kompasu (final report)
The center of mild typhoon Kompasu was located at 18.9 degrees north latitude and 119.0 degrees east longitude at 08:00 on 10/12, 2021, and is drifting westwards at a speed of 25 kilometers per hour. Its center pressure is 980 hPa, maximum sustained wind speed near the center is 28 meters per second and instantaneous maximum wind speed is 35 meters per. Its storm radius is 250 kilometers and the sea warning for the typhoon was lifted at 08:30 on the 12th.
II. Wind and rain data (data source: Central Weather Bureau, Ministry of Transportation and Communications)
1. Rainfall (the statistical data is from 00:00 10/10 to 11:00 10/12, 2021) (unit: mm)
|Lake Yuanyang, Datong Township, Yilan County||809|
|Lake Cuifeng, Datong Township, Yilan County||748|
|Valley Nanhuquan, Heping District, Taichung City||695|
|Liu maoan, Datong Township, Yilan County||601|
|Shenmazhen, Ping District, Taichung City||563|
III. Responsive actions
1. The establishment of disaster response and relief center in county and city (data source: National Fire Agency of the Ministry of the Interior)
Establishment of level-one disaster response and relief center: Hualien County.
Establishment of level-three disaster response and relief center: Taitung County and Kinmen County.
2. Evacuation and resettlement status (data source: Department of Civil Affairs, Ministry of the Interior):
(1) Number of evacuated persons: 1,608 people in total
|County(city)||Number of township and urban area||Number of village and tribes||The cumulative number of evacuated persons|
(2) Shelter and resettlement: a total of 10 shelters are available in Hualien County, with a total of resettlement for 178 people.
3. The announced warning area for earthflow and mudslide (data source: Soil and Water Conservation Bureau, COA)
At 10:30 on the 10/12, a yellow alert was issued for 77 streams with potential risk of earthflow, which are located in 20 villages, in 3 townships of 3 counties/cities.
4. Get into contact with mountaineers (data source: National Police Agency, Ministry of the Interior)
|Applied to enter the mountain||Took the advice of not entering the mountain||Entered the mountain and had been in touch||Entered the mountain but hadn't been in touch|
|Already left the mountain||Have safe accommodation in the mountain||Take refuge in place||On the way leaving the mountain|
5. The dispatched manpower and facilities (data source: National Fire Agency of the Ministry of the Interior)
(1) The Coast Guard Administration dispatched 702 person times, 266 vehicles and 2 boats.
(2) The Water Resources Agency provided 18 pumps.
(4) The police department dispatched 2 person times; the fire department dispatched 0 person times, 1 vehicle.
6. Cancellation of work and classes (data source: Directorate-General of Personnel Administration, Executive Yuan):
(1) Fuxing District of Hualien County: Work and classes are canceled today.
(2) Yilan County:
1. Sìjì Elementary School in Datong Township, Yilan County (including Maoan classes): Work and classes are canceled today.
2. Nanshan Elementary School, Datong Township, Yilan County: Work and classes are canceled today.
3. Datong National High School of Yilan County: Work and classes are canceled today.
(3) Hualien County: Work and classes are canceled today.
(4) Taitung County
1. Xinxing Elementary School, Jinfeng Township, Taitung County: Work and classes are canceled before 06:00 this evening starting from 10:00 this morning.
2. Jialan Elementary School, Jinfeng Township, Taitung County: Work and classes are canceled today.
3. Binmao Elementary School, Jinfeng Township, Taitung County: Work and classes are canceled today.
4. Wulu Elementary School, Haiduan Township, Taitung County: Work and classes are canceled today.
(5) Lianjiang County: Work and classes are canceled before 06:00 this evening.
(6) Kinmen County: Work and classes are canceled before 06:00 this evening.
7. Rescue situation (data source: National Fire Agency of the Ministry of the Interior):
|Location||Description of the disaster||Rescue status|
|Nanao Township, Yilan County||The case was reported at 23:14 on the 10th. A group of 16 people were trapped in the "Mysterious Sea Cave on the Beach" of Nanao Township due to high tide.
|Jianshi Township, Hsinchu County||The case was reported at 06:25 on the 11th, 1 of the three tourists in Jianshi Township, Hsinchu County was trapped in the Taigang Yexi Hot Spring due to sudden rise of stream, and the other two were trapped on the shore.
At 06:50: there is no immediate danger as the personnel are more than 50 cm above the water surface.
|1 person trapped in the sandbank has been rescued
2 people trapped on the shore are waiting for rescue
|Jianshi Township, Hsinchu County||Reported at 08:52 on the 11th: three people were trapped on the shore in Taigang Yexi Hot Spring
|Wutai Township, Pingtung County||Reported at 06:20 on the 11th: More than 20 people went to climb mountain Daguihu since the 9th, 2 people fell into the valley in Wutai Township, Pingtung County, 1 is OHCA and 1 in trauma
||Reported at 09:25, waiting for rescue at the cypress camp.
Pingtung and Kaohsiung’s fire departments dispatched 14 vehicles and 36 people. They are expected to arrive the destination at tomorrow noon. If weather condition is allowed, helicopters will be dispatched.
|Jianshi Township, Hsinchu County||The case was reported at 13:20 on the 11th: A group of 15 people near the Xibao pathway in Jianshi Township, Hsinchu County, were unable to return to the parking lot due to sudden rise of stream.
|Ruisui Township, Hualien County||The case was reported at 15:03 on the 11th: At the entrance of the forest pathway in Suixiang, 6 people were trapped due to sudden rise of stream.
|Heping District, Taichung City||The case was reported at 15:36 on the 11th: 1 of the 2 people under the horsetail bridge was washed away by the stream when crossing the stream.
||In the process of search and rescue by the fire department|
|Gaoshu Township, Pingtung County
||Reported at 05:39 on the 12th: 2 gravel trucks and 2 people were trapped due to sudden rise of stream.
IV. Statistics of disaster
1. Casualties (data source: National Fire Agency of the Ministry of the Interior): 1 person was injured in Taitung County.
2. Disaster status of lifeline (data source: Ministry of Economic Affairs): 38,762 households were out of electricity, in which 36,063 households were repaired and 2,699 households were waiting to be repaired.
3. Transportation status (data source: Ministry of Transportation and Communications)
(1) Provincial highway: precautionary closure: 0; road block sections: 4 locations
1. Provincial highway 1 (north bound) 17.5K (guishan section), the wall of a gravel plant collapsed, blocking in both bounds. (Estimated a two-way traffic in one road will resume at 12:00 on the 12th)
2. Provincial highway 8, at 172.559K (west bound of Jiuqudong Tunnel), blocked by falling rocks. (The repair operation will contiuue when the rain slows down)
3. Provincial highway 20, at 93K-98.7K (Qinhe to Fuxing section), blocked by earthflow. (It is expected to resume at 8 o'clock on the 18th)
4. Provincial highway, at 100K (Tunnel Meilanming to riverbed pathway) of Taiwan 20 Line, the slope collapsed and blocked. (It is expected to resume at 8 o'clock on the 16th).
(2) Air transportation: 24 domestic flights were cancelled.
(3) Sea transportation: 110 sea voyages in 9 routes were cancelled.
4. Status of flooding disaster (data source: Ministry of Economic Affairs): 16reported flooding cases, in which 11 of them had receded.
5. Disaster status (data source: National Fire Agency of the Ministry of the Interior): 118 reported disaster cases (related to road trees, advertising signboards, damage to buildings, infrastructure facilities, etc.), in which 62 of them have been handled and 56 cases are still in the handling process.